..........

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Fats Domino is still Alive and Kickin' in New Orleans

Alive and Kickin' is the name of Domino's most recent CD. He's donating the proceeds from sales of the album to the Tipitina's Foundation, which is dedicated to preserving and restoring the musical culture of New Orleans.

In the title track, which was written before Katrina but sounds appropriate now, Domino sings:

All over the country, people wanna know
What ever happened to Fats Domino?
And I'm alive and kickin'
I'm alive and kickin'
I'm alive and kickin'
And I'm where I wanna be.

Handpicked Live features Fats Domino and his classic New Orleans twist.

28fats3_184[1] domino_house500-a89e7cdf6e01238a64be96b7b90aab97ebb1e3ac[1]

He is one of New Orleans's greatest treasures, but Rhythm and Blues legend Fats Domino was nearly lost when Hurricane Katrina made landfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment