..........

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Would the Founding Fathers support the "Fairness Doctrine"


When I think of the "Fairness Doctrine" being restored I tend to get scared. I took a walk the other day in my small Mississippi town of Louisville and asked people their views on the "Fairness Doctrine" I was not surprised when most of them had no view because they did not know what it was. They all were aware of the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution. That was a relief as I was starting to feel I was in a foreign country where people have to be careful about what they say about the government.
Let me remind you of Jefferson's famous words

"All men are created equal, they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, among these
are life , liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

There is a theme among great leaders and visionaries that we are not to settle for a life lived by default but we are to strive to live our Dreams. I believe we all need to be reminded from time to time, and sometimes more often, to shake things up and go after the life we want. Later that night I received an interesting email and video from someone out of the blue with this to say...

"A Google search on "unalienable rights" led me to your blog. Please forgive my writing you unsolicited. Last year I set to music a few lines from the Declaration of Independence, recorded them with my family's help, added some images, and posted the result.

My hope is that it might help kids learn a little of the Declaration"




No comments:

Post a Comment